Weekly Task - 9

Sunday 2 December 2018
Continuing on from class, we had to design an interior environment that followed a brief we were given. It was to be an apartment set in the future, owned bv a busy worker who uses the apartment to recover from a busy life. The design had to make sure you could still 'feel' the city inside the apartment.


I used skills built up in the last few weeks whilst designing this. I do find some perspective drawing quick tricky, and I found myself going over some areas again and again. You can see that I 'borrowed' a photo of a boxing glove to help speed up my process. I used some references found on google when designing this, but I am aware it did end up looking a bit bare. Although it needs a good injection of personality, I liked the direction I was going with.



I chose a large window looking out onto the city to help bring the feel of the city in to the room. I [;aced furniture quite wide apart in unusual areas - for example, the coffee table far from the couch - to hint at the fact the apartment doesn't get much use. I left coffee mugs around the room to show she hasn't been keeping up on dishes, and included the punch bag and boxing gloves to show what some of her time in the apartment might be spent on doing. We were told she works as part of a detective unit and likes to keep healthy, and I thought boxing could be a good sport for doing so. I chose minimalist furniture as it is often associated with futuristic, sci-fi themes.

Post Comment
Post a Comment