Week 2 - Character Sculpt

Friday 21 September 2018
Building on the skills we learned the week before, we were to sculpt a character head in ZBrush. I decided again to aim for realism as I am still learning the basics.

I experimented with a few more brushes this week, such as dam standard, trim dynamic and polish. The combination of these allowed me to build up a rough shape before cutting back into and refining the sculpt.


Looking back I can see the face needs a lot more weight to show the effect gravity has on older skin. It is also too symmetrical, something I didn't at first consider when working on it using symmetry - this is something I could fix by going back over the sculpt without symmetry on.


I am happy with the overall structure of the head, and feel like I learned a lot from the task.
Post Comment
Post a Comment