Break An Egg - Competition Entry

Thursday 11 October 2018

This week our tutor was running a little competition for a character design book, so I decided to enter. We were given a line drawing of a chicken to render, a chicken known as "Ser Clucksely Piffingstall".

I wanted to have some fun with this, so started looking at some colour schemes. I love colour, and I have some very messily organised folders on my phone of colour schemes that inspire me.

I had been playing a lot of Stardew valley this week and had loved this cut scene just for the colour, and had the screenshot saved on my pc because I knew I wanted to use it at some point. After messing about with a few ideas I decided to try using it for Ser Clucksely.



I was pretty happy with the finished image. I worked in layers, mainly using the soft and hard opacity brushes. I kept some of my rougher brush strokes in the final image as I think it adds to the hand painted look, and added a layer of noise on top. I did have a lot of fun with this and I definitely will be using these colours together in the future. There's just something I love about them together.
Post Comment
Post a Comment