Week 6 - Texture Painting

Friday 19 October 2018
This week we were introduced to Substance Painter, and we learned the basics of it through some baking and texturing.

We were given both high and low poly versions of the meshes below which we had to bake and then texture. I made use of ID maps when doing this, as it make it much quicker and easier to quickly colour the mesh.


I was a little nervous to be learning yet another new programme this block, but I found it much more accessible than I thought and I'm looking forward to using it again. I thought leaning ZBrush, Maya and Substance Painter all together in one block would be a lot harder than it has been, and although it's been challenging so far I'm beginning to understand the usefulness and flow between using different programmes together.



Post Comment
Post a Comment