Week 8 - Trim Sheets

Monday 29 October 2018
This week we were shown how to create trim sheets to use as part of an environment.  We were then to create one ourselves which we could then apply to part of an environment.

I started by creating a plane in Maya, and then creating more complex geometry above it that would make up tile and brick shapes. I exported these as low and high poly meshes, and baked the high poly onto the low poly in substance painter. I then textured the plane in substance painter, I went for an ancient-temple theme.


I then exported the textures and applied them to my low poly in Maya. I started to build up a temple corridor using the textures from my trim sheet, and editing the UV's when needed.


I was creating the trim sheet a bit blind, so there was a lot of inefficient space use on the trim sheet. As this was a class exercise I was focused mainly on learning how to do it, but in future if using this technique I am going to make sure to put more planning in to it to make sure I'm using the trim sheet effectively. 

Post Comment
Post a Comment