Weekly Task 5

Sunday 14 October 2018


I had fun creating materials in class this week so I was pretty happy to continue on with that as a weekly task. We had to create two metal, two stone, two wood, one skin and one water material.The thing I liked about it is being able to focus solely on improving my texture painting skills without having to worry about doing a completely finished piece. I actually completely started over several of the spheres as after more practice I found it easier to notice where I had gone wrong and where I could fix it. Even now I can already see errors I have made, but it is all part of the learning process and I will try to improve upon them next time along.

I found the skin and the water materials particularly tricky, which surprised me as I thought because they were more organic looking that they would be more forgiving with shape and colour. This did highlight to me that an error I may be making is that I'm not studying these kind of materials enough when drawing, so my youtube history will soon be filling up with skin painting tutorials!
Post Comment
Post a Comment