Week 1 - Posing

Friday 8 February 2019

This week was the first of my second semester at uni, and the first week of my animation class. Animation is the area I probably have the least experience in so far, and although I don't want to be an animator I think it will be useful to learn.

In class we were introduced to some of the animation controls in Maya, and then went on to try some character poses. It was a useful exercise as I am not used to thinking about anatomy in terms of movement. Looking back at it now, I can see that the legs should be at a wider angle with the front one facing more towards the ground. The arms also need tilted forward a little to show the proper movement and weight of the pose. I found it a useful exercise and I'm looking forward to the rest of this class.

Post Comment
Post a Comment