Week 4 - Testing the Rig

Friday 8 February 2019
I have a rough idea of what I want to do for my animation project. I am basing my animations off of a game character I designed for another module, so luckily I managed to find a rig (thanks to my tutor!) with roughly the same proportions.

In class I tried a few poses to get familiar with the rig. Below you can see the reference and then the pose I replicated. I found this more challenging than previous rigs because of the character proportions, but I tried to look at the main areas showing weight and movement when replicating the pose. There are a few areas I can see now that I have missed, mainly the hips, which I will try to keep in mind for future.



I found this second pose even more challenging due to the small proportions of the rig, but I tried to make it look as believable as possible for the character's size.
















The rig I'm using is the great Lily and Snout rig for Maya.
Post Comment
Post a Comment