Weekly Task 3

Sunday 30 September 2018
Continuing on from class earlier this week we continued learning how to make and utilize photoshop brushes. We were given ten different brushes to make, and two other brushes that were up to us to decide. 
Week 3 - Custom Brush Template

Having specific brushes to design made me think not only about how to make them, but how I would be using them and how they should "feel", or rather look, on the screen. Were they fluid, rough, did they layer, fade, smudge, were they messy, were they accurate? Even if I don't use the brushes, I feel that thinking about this sort of thing makes me think more about how the digital brushes work on screen. I do sometimes miss the physical feel of messing around on paper when I do digital work and this task made me see that there doesn't have to be as big of a gap between the two.
My two extra brushes actually came from some failed experiments at creating some of the other brushes. I loved the 3D look of the snake brush, and I thought the spike brush would be good for rough foliage or fur.
Post Comment
Post a Comment