Weekly Task - 1

Sunday 16 September 2018
We were asked to reflect on a recent piece of our own artwork, so I chose a life study I had done a few weeks before.

lightstudy

Recently I have been focusing on anatomy and rendering by practicing with gesture drawing, life drawing and rendered studies. I chose to do this one in grayscale to practice light and form. This was to learn good foundation skills to help with other areas of art. I generally like to draw more colourful and abstract art in my own time, but could see that they were lacking in areas such as form.
I think it reflects my current skills accurately as it is a recent drawing that I done to see my own progress. I promise I don’t usually hide hands in my drawing, I was just wanting to focus on part of the body for this one!

There are many areas I can see where I need improvement, but I can also see many areas where I have improved. Some of the shadows are misshapen or in the wrong place, inaccurately showing the shape of the body. Rendering is an area I struggle with, and to build on my skills I want to start doing studies of these in colour to challenge myself further.
Post Comment
Post a Comment